Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trey's New Word

Trey has learned a new word from his Uncle Howard and it's not a very nice one. Although if you know Howard, you realize it could be much worse. One day last week, Trey spent the afternoon with his Uncle Howard, riding the Bobcat and just hanging out. Later that night when he got home, he dropped something and I heard him say, "Dammit." I had to ask him to clarify and sure enough, he said it again. When I asked him where he heard that, he quickly told me that Uncle Howard said it. Of course, I called Howard immediately. He thought it was hilarious but did tell Trey it's not a nice word and so on. I also explained that it was not a nice word, but the seed had been planted. I heard it two more times before I broke out the soap. Let's just say Trey is not a fan of soap but he also is too smart for his own good. He now says, BAMIT when he drops something or BAMBI and is quick to point out that they are not bad words.

"No, Mommy, I said Bambi like the deer, not the bad word."

Yeah right. Sometimes our children are just too smart.

1 comment:

The Mechlings said...

that is HILARIOUS!!! at least you have the comfort of knowing that he didn't learn it from YOU!! did you really wash his mouth out with soap or did you just threaten it?