Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Something to blog about...
It's been forever since I last posted, but Collin deserves a post after last night. It was time for bed and the kids were running around like the crazy little Indians they are (I'm not being politically incorrect; my grandfather was a full-blooded Indian). Anyways, the details are a little bit fuzzy, but Collin was in the playroom and Trey and Torrence ran to shut the door as Collin was trying to come in the kitchen. They love to SLAM the door despite my warnings and pleas. I saw it happen and time stood still as I shouted NOOOOOOOOOOO, but it was too late. Collin let out a cry and I knew it got him. I didn't think it was that bad until I saw his finger dangling. I'd like to say I was perfectly calm, but let's be real. I called my in-laws, my neighbors, and my husband. Only Rick answered. I told him what happened. I threw the kids who were all half naked in the car (of course Torrence had a poopy butt) and headed to the ER. Rick called me back, and said rescue was on the way to the house so turned around and went back home for the paramedic to tell me Collin needed stitches. Gee, ya think? So we were off to the hospital. Collin got patient of the year honors for his bravery. He only whimpered when the doctor numbed his finger. He got four stitches and somehow the finger is not broken. We're off to a hand specialist tomorrow just to be sure all is well. As for today, you'd never know Collin had a bum finger. He's still climbing the ladder on the slide and has already learned to eat left-handed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've said from the beginning that Collin was some type of super human. I guess I was right. LOL.... He's a real trooper. Trey and Torrence just got lucky this time. He will get them back.
Love You All
Yetta
Post a Comment