Thursday, October 23, 2008

A weekend away without the kids


Rick and I finally had a chance to get away for the weekend thanks to MiMi and Grandpops. We left Friday afternoon in Trey's College Tuition (Rick's Bronco). We made it to Carova with no problem, had a great dinner, and then a peaceful breakfast after sleeping in Saturday morning. We decided to go to Nags Head so I could visit the outlets when Trey's college tuition started to overheat. Unfortunately, this happened right in the middle of nowhere. Four miles to Corolla and four miles to downtown Duck. So...I got to ride in a police car for the first time as a very nice officer gave us a ride into town. Dad came to the rescue and brought my Suburban along with a case of transmission fluid and our vacation was back on. We made it to the outlets, scored some deals, and headed back to the beach house. Sunday morning we left before high tide but the wind was really forcing the water in and we had very little beach. We had our own off-road adventure and after an hour and a half we were off of the beach and headed back home. All in all, it was a great trip although a little too short.

1 comment:

The Mechlings said...

wow, that sounds AWESOME!! Two mornings to sleep in and relax ... sounds absolutely wonderful!! I'm jealous.