Friday, May 16, 2008
Things that shouldn't be stuck up your four-year-old's nose
Today when I got home, the house was as quiet as could be. Rick was watching the Cubs game and all of the kids were in bed. I thought I might get to read Wednesday's paper (mind you it is Friday). Soon I heard Trey whimpering. He said his nose hurt so I took him some tissues and tried to get him to blow his nose. He said it still hurt. I got out the trusty saline drops so they could do their magic, but Trey was still compaining and he would not keep his finger out of his nose. Fast forward 45 minutes and we're outside...Trey's swinging and starts complaining about his nose again so I take a look. Instead of snot, or a nice green booger, I see bright orange and now I know why his nose hurts...He's stuck some small toy up his nose. I try to get it but know I'm going to need tweezers to get the job done. When I come back outside with the tweezers, he sucks it back up into his nose. By now, I am cracking up because wouldn't you know, I did the same thing when I was about four. Only I had shoved one of the pegs from the Game of Life up my nose. And Rick's getting madder by the minute because he's worried about the $250 copay for the ER. Usually, that's the kind of thing I worry about. Anyways, after several minutes of trying to get him to blow his nose again and applying pressure, the bright orange thing appears again. I ask Trey what is up his nose and he tells me a hook. Great, I think but I'm still laughing and he's still freaking out about the tweezers so I do what any self-respecting mother would do. I try to bribe him. First it's a popsicle. Yeah right, it didn't work. But then I hit the jackpot. Our neighbors, Kyle and Forrest appeared outside as I was trying to outsmart Trey. He sees them. I see them. And I say, "If you want to go see Kyle and Forrest, you have to let me get this thing out of your nose." Bingo! It worked like a charm and for today, I am smarter than Trey. We hope he has learned his lesson and will not stick items such as the one below up his nose again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've always heard be careful what you do because it will come back and bite you. LOL..... Hopefully that will be worse that he does.... I'm glad you were so calm and laughing because I totally freaked when you did it.
Yes, I was worried about the copay. But I was like great now I'm going to miss work later and be at the Hospital all night. So the grand total was up to 400.
Love all four of ya!
Daddy
That was HILARIOUS!! The worst we've ever had was a raisin up the nose!
Oh my goodness... I'm glad these things don't happen at school- my 725 "kids" are a handful, but we just have loose teeth and lice running around school, not object stuck up noses!
Amy L(
Post a Comment